Network Planning and Network Calculation
Efficient network planning and network calculations are basic prerequisites for any network expansion, in order to guarantee a safe and uninterrupted consumer supply. This applies not only in high and extra high voltage grids, but also in low and medium voltage grids.
Our engineers and specialists have extensive experience in the theoretical analysis and calculation methods applied for the investigation and expansion planning of complex networks, with diverse type of generation in-feeds, under both steady state as well as in dynamic and transient conditions. Networks can be analysed using various software packages such as DIgSILENT Power Factory, PTI Power System Simulator PSS/E, NEPLAN, ETAP, EMTP-ATP, and our teams are familiar with all of these.
- Feasibility studies and master plans
- Grid connection of renewable energy sources
- Definition of steady state and transient power transmission services
- Reactive power regulation
- Load flow and short circuit calculations
- Transient and dynamic stability calculations
- Overvoltage analyses (slow front/fast front)
- Calculation of protection settings and protection coordination
- Power quality investigations (calculation of harmonic filters)