Feasibility Study for 50 MW Makambabo Wind Farm Project
Lahmeyer International GmbH has been assigned by Unison Co. Ltd., a South Korean turbine manufacturer, to prepare a bankable feasibility study for the Makambako wind farm project and to provide consultancy services for a successful implementation of the wind farm. This wind farm located in Makambako, Tanzania, eastern Africa with an intended nominal capacity of 50 MW is currently developed by Makambako Energy Ltd. Unison Co. Ltd. intends to install and operate their Unison U54 turbine with 750 kW nominal power at the site.
Unison Co. Ltd.
2009 - 2010
- Review and screening of existing documents, studies and data
- Preparation of bankable wind study and feasibility study
- Technical wind farm layout
- Site suitability
- Electrical and civil layout
- Assistance during economical wind farm planning
- Preparation feasibility study report
- Foreseen capacity:50 MW (Phase I + Phase II)
- Capacity factor:approx. 45 %
- Long-term average wind speed:8.2 m/s (at 30 m), 8.6 m/s (at 60 m)
- Turbine type:Unison U54, 750 kW, 60 m hub height